Wednesday, January 22, 2014

It Doesn't have to be Pretty it Just has to Taste Good: Part 1

I work full time. I live with my husband (who wants to eat paleo) and my brother (who is a straight carnivore). And I have tummy issues. (More on that in a future post I'm sure) Long story short, figuring out what to eat is a major weekly task. However, I've come up with a system that works for us.

1.      Schedule a time to plan your meals
2.      Plan out your meals for at least one week
3.      Go to the grocery store and only get what is needed.
4.      Do all your meal prep in one sitting.


Photo Credit: Auto Setting on my iPhone (remember the title of this post)


To give you an idea of how this all looks for me; I usually plan my meals out using Pinterest and my Cookbooks on Saturday morning before going to the store. I write out which meals look good for which day of the week. I always include a leftover day. I then make a list of the ingredients I need from the store. Usually on Sundays I do all of my prep work. I chop my vegetables, mix my sauces and make at least one full meal if not two. 
Top left corner: future stir fry, top right corner: prep for butternut squash soup and potatoes, and the bottom dish is going to be scalloped potatoes. 


This way when I get home from work on Monday and I’m tired and just want to prop up my feet with a bottle of Moscato, I basically can. I throw the food in a pan, pot or dish, cook with occasional stirring, flipping or poking and boom healthy meal all done and I didn't have to think about it after a long day of work. Because if I did, we would be eat out. Or eat PB&J. Or my favorite, tortilla chips covered in shredded cheese, microwaved for 30 seconds. Super gourmet. 




Stay tuned for my first recipe post at the end of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment