Friday, January 10, 2014

YOLO vs. Responsibility


Trying to find the balance between the infamous YOLO (if you have no clue what YOLO is click here, if you know what YOLO means and just need to laugh at people that don't click here) lifestyle and that of a responsible young adult is a very precarious position. One could easily topple too far on either opposing side. Living all YOLO all the time could lead to a hell of a lot of good stories but also unfortunately overspending, overindulging and a lack of a stable future, which is obviously not a place I want to end up. Or one could be super strict with themselves and penny pinch till their blue in the face. But then before you know it a year or two or five or ten has passed and you’ve not enjoyed the passed time. 


Someone once said to me (and of course at this moment I can't think of who in the world it was, aren't I such a good story teller?) “You money, but you have the freedom. When you get older you don’t have the freedom you do now.”So right now I have the freedom, I don’t own a house (yet) and I don’t have kids (thank goodness) and I have a decent job (amen), so I should be doing everything I’ve ever wanted to do before its too late. If you happen to be interested at all in why I started thinking about this topic click here.


  But I guess I’m slowly starting to realize that I’ve got to find this silly balance between seizing the moment and saving for the future. Answer my poll question on the right or leave a comment below with your thoughts, I’d love to hear how other 20-somethings are dealing with this scenario. 

No comments:

Post a Comment